The practice is committed to offering all patients (including those under 16) a confidential service in a safe environment.
This means that:
- Anything you say to any member of the practice will be treated with respect.
- Records are kept so that other people in the practice can care for you.
- No personal information will be discussed outside this practice without your consent, or sent to a third part (such as mortgage or Insurance company) without written consent (but see below).
Confidentiality will only be broken in VERY exceptional circumstances, for example:
- When there is, in our professional judgement, a strong suspicion that you might harm others or that you might harm yourself.
- When someone under 18 discloses that she or he is being physically, sexually or emotionally abused, and that not taking any action would put that person at further risk.
- When it is disclosed that other young people (under 18) are being abused or are at risk.
- When a Court Order is issued to any member of the practice.