Equal Opportunities/Anti-Discrimination (Service Provision)
The term ‘visitor’ used below refers to anyone (including patients and their family members, other visitors and contractors) making use of the Practice’s premises and services (except employees for whom the Equal Opportunities Employment Policy applies).
- will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- will promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- will not tolerate any discrimination or perceived discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of age, sex, gender reassignment (trans identities), marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
- will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, gender reassignment (trans identities) marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
The practice actively promotes and supports the ethos and the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
This Policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
1. Discrimination by the Practice or Visitors / patients against you
If you feel discriminated against:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Practice Manager
- The Practice Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 3 working days.
- The Practice Manager will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through the Practice’s Complaints Procedure.
2. Discrimination against the Practice’s staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor, who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff, will be required to leave the Practice’s premises forthwith. If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practice’s list if any such behaviour occurs on more than one occasion.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.